SELECTED REFLECTIONS ACROSS THE GROUPS
SUNDAY JULY 19, 2026.
16TH SUNDAY IN ORDINARY TIME YEAR A.
1st Reading: Wisdom 12:13. 16-19
Responsorial Psalm: Psalm 86:5-6.9-10. 15-16a (R.5a)
2nd Reading: Romans 8:26-27
Gospel Acclamation: Matthew 11:25
Gospel: Matthew 13:24-43
GRACE EMMANUEL EKANEM
My Reflection on Romans 8:26-27
"WHEN WORDS FAIL, THE SPIRIT PRAYS"
Brethren, have you ever been there?
That place where your heart is too heavy to speak...
Where the pain is too deep for sentences...
Where you kneel, and all you have are tears and sighs.
Paul tells us today: You are not alone in that place.
1. The Spirit meets us in our weakness
“The Spirit helps us in our weakness” God doesn’t wait for you to have the perfect prayer. He doesn’t need eloquent words. When you’re tired, confused, or broken that’s exactly where the Holy Spirit steps in.
2. When we don’t know how to pray, He prays for us.
“We do not know how to pray as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with sighs too deep for words.”
Those groans you can’t explain?
Those 3am prayers with no words?
Those tears in worship?
That is the Spirit praying through you.
And He prays perfectly, according to the will of God.
3. The Father understands.
“He who searches the hearts of men knows what is the mind of the Spirit” God doesn’t need you to translate your pain. He searches your heart, and the Spirit speaks it to Him.
Nothing is lost. Nothing is wasted.
So my Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
You don’t have to have it all figured out to come to God.
Come with your sighs. Come with your silence.
The Spirit is already there, interceding for you.
PRAYER
Holy Spirit, thank You that You help me in my weakness. When I don’t have words, pray through me. Align my heart with the will of God today. In Jesus name. Amen.
JANEFRANCESS UDEH
MY REFLECTION
My reflection is from the Gospel...
Jesus reminds us that good and evil often exist side by side in this world. We may be tempted to judge quickly or try to remove what seems wrong, but God sees what we cannot. He is patient, giving people time to change and grow before the final judgment. His justice is perfect, and His mercy gives everyone a chance to return to Him.
The parables of the mustard seed and the yeast also encourage us not to despise small beginnings. A little act of kindness, a simple prayer, or one faithful decision can grow into something beautiful in God's hands. Our task is to remain faithful, keep choosing what is good, and trust that God will bring His work to completion in His own time.
©️ *Janefrances Udeh*
PHARM. DR. SIMON
A lot of parables here and there, just to drive home the message of salvation he was trying to pass..
This goes to show that Jesus made a lot of effort trying to preach and turn the hearts of people to repentance.
He must be a very good preacher and teacher.
How much effort do we put into dispensing the message of Christ today?
Yes, it is the Holy Spirit that does the work of conversion, but how much have we done our part so that the Holy Spirit can do His part?
Let us make efforts like Jesus.
God bless us.
SR. CLEOPATRA MARIO OGBONNA
π My reflection π
Theme: Patience (NDIDIAMAKA)
As one with a little idea of farming, the parable of the weeds and wheat always bring back memories. I know how hurting it feels to plant a seed and see weeds taking over the space and nutrients meant for the crop. In haste, then, I do remove some of the weeds immediately but doing so in the early stage affects the main crops. I end up pulling some of them out together with the weeds thereby reducing the yields during harvest.
I noticed however, if I could patiently bear the sight of those weeds for some time, I will be able to remove the weeds later on without it affecting the crops. Because by then, I differentiate better the crops from the weeds.
Just as stated in the Gospel. π€·♀️
Now, going back to the Gospel, The Sower is indeed PATIENT but the question is:
Where can we honestly say we belong?
SEEDS or WEEDS?
SEEDS: Those who are governed by the Spirit of God.
WEEDS: Those who are governed by the Spirit of evil.
I know many will say they belong to the SEEDS. Because why not? Who no like better thing? Afterall, Heaven is the goalπ
But, can we answer these few questions honestly: π€
1. Do I make fun of others in their times of trials?
2. Do I love bringing chaos to a peaceful place?
3. Do I give loud heart wrenching criticism to others even when I know they are lies?
3. Do I slander people and spread gossips?
4. Do I find joy in causing pain to others?
5. Do I enjoy keeping malice and bearing grudges?
6. Do I demoralise others for fun?
7. On a scale of 1-10, how inconsiderate have I been to others?
When we retreat into ourselves and give honest answers, the replies will point us to where we belong, either SEEDS or WEEDS.
It will also help point to us the places we need to exercise patience in our lives.
Because, It really hurts to see:
- People breeding chaos where others are struggling to build a peaceful environment.
- People sharing doubtsful thoughts when others are struggling to keep their faith alive.
- People slandering their neighbour when others are spreading love.
- People being inconsiderate when others are doing their best.
The list goes on and on.
Still, PATIENCE is GOLDEN! because in haste or anger, we end up destroying alot.
Therefore,
As a SEED, in patience, keep growing. Do not let the weeds suffocate you. Your gardener is capable of taking care of you.
As a possible WEED, make amends. Do not allow the evil one continue to lead you on and thereby cause you damnation.
May God grant us grace π
Shalom π
TONYLAZ ADOYI (KSM)
REFLECTION:
God is patient. That’s the big message today.
*1. God is not in a hurry to judge*
In the Gospel, the servants see weeds growing with the wheat and say "Master, should we pull them up now?"
The Master says “No. Let both grow until harvest.”
Why? Because in our rush to "weed out evil", we can damage the good wheat too.
Wisdom tells us today: “You are lenient to all because you are master of all.
God gives time. Time to repent. Time to grow. Time to change.
May God continue to bless His words in our heart. Amen.






Lovely reflections. So blessed
ReplyDelete